A few days back, my hubby calls me and tells me that a friend is coming over for dinner, who is a vegetarian. I was like ok!! I went and browsed through the contents of my fridge and I found these small shimla mirch and I thought I should do something special with these. So I made these stuffed shimla mirch, which is quite easy and tasty too! Guess what our guest thoroughly enjoyed these and I wished I had made some more….
4 small sized shimla mirch
1 large potato
½ cup peas
1 small onion finely chopped
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp Kanda masala – red chilli, onion and garlic (or just use red chilli powder)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp lime juice.
- First boil the potato with its skin. Then peel of the skin and mash the potato with the help of a fork.
- In a skillet, heat some oil, and then add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
- Then add the peas and let it cook.
- Now add the garam masala, salt and turmeric. Saute for a min.
- Then add the mashed potatoes and mix well. Sprinkle some kanda masala. Fry for a minute or two.
- Then add the lime juice. This mixture is for the stuffing of the shimla mirch.
- Now cut the top of the shimla mirch and deseed it.
- Coat each shimla (from the inside) with some salt.
- Now stuff the shimla mirch with the potato mixture. Spray some oil on each shimla mirch.
- Now bake the shimla mirch at 180 degrees C for about 15 minutes.
- Ready to Serve!!