It has been such a long time since I made an entry on my blog. Today, after such a long halt I’ve decided to upload a recipe that I tried today. I had some basa fish ( a Vietnamese catfish) lying in the freezer. And I thought I should try a new recipe with it, which is both healthy and delicious. Here is the recipe.
For the fish
1 fillet of basa fish
2 tbsp of low butter
1 tbsp of olive oil
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
½ tsp chopped garlic
Chilli flakes to taste
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves (for garnish)
For the Rice
3 cups of cooked white or brown rice
Vegetables of your choice
2 tbsp of onion
1 tsp of garlic
Dry Red Chilli (chopped)
1 ½ tbsp of Soy Souce
1 maggi cube
First, let’s prepare the fried rice.
- In a wok, take some oil and add the onions and garlic. Sauté till slightly pink.
- Now add the red chillis and sauté for 2 min.
- Then add the veggies and toss for a while till it is cooked.
- Now add the soy sauce and maggi cube. Then stir in the cooked rice and mix slowly to ensure the rice doesn’t break.
Fried rice is ready. Now let’s make the fish
- Mix the butter, olive oil, pepper, chilli flakes, garlic and salt.
- Now add the basa fish and coat both sides with the butter mix.
- Leave it for an hour in the fridge.
- Then place the fish on a baking tray and cover the baking dish with foil paper. Bake the fish for 10 min.
- Remove it and squeeze some lemon juice on it.
Now on a serving plate, place some rice. On top of the rice, place the fish. Garnish with coriander leaves and some chilli flakes 😀