The other we went to a mall and ordered some dimsums. They were so tiny and they served only 6 in a plate. We paid more than its worth and we were left craving for more. I then decided to make some dimsums at home and make use of the steamer that I had recently purchased. I made about 30 dimsums and we all enjoyed eating them. Oh and we ate to our heart’s content 😀
Here is the recipe
For the Filling
1/2 kg chicken mince
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp oil
1 medium sized onion finely chopped
1 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp coriander (optional)
Salt to taste
For the momos
250 gm maida (all purpose flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Water to bring the dough together
- First mix all the ingredients of the momos and make a fine dough. Let it sit aside for 30 min.
- In the mean while, mix all the ingredients of filling.
- Make small balls of the dough. Roll each ball into flat sheets (small has your palm size.
- Fill in the mince and wrap it with the dough in desired shape.
- Grease the steamer and place the momo in the steamer.
- Steam for 20 min.
- Yummy dimsums ready.