Christmas is just around the corner and many of us start preparing for it way ahead. Most of us gear up to decorate the house, organize parties and prepare several sweetmeats and other Christmas dishes. Every Christmas, I usually have a house party and have friends come over. So I thought why not put down some party ideas, decoration ideas and Christmas recipes in this section.
For any kind of Christmas party(informal or formal), the dinner table is the key component. Therefore it is essential to dress up the table and make it look pretty. You can use lovely linens, cutlery and other knick knacks to make the table look pretty. But having a good centerpiece is essential to highlight the table. Even more, if you create a centerpiece by yourself, it will add a personal touch to all the Christmas decorations. In this post, I will tell you how to create pine decorations that can be used as centerpieces for the table.
What you need
Pine cones (fresh from pine trees)
Mini decorations for the pine cones (such as stars, balls etc)
Candles in different sizes and shapes
- Firstly clean all your cones to ensure they are free from mud and dust.
- Then paint them in the colors you like. You can even use some glitter to add that extra oomph factor.
- Once they are dry you can stick the decorations on the cone. You can place the star on the top and balls in between. When placed vertically, it will look like a mini Christmas tree.
- Once you have several of these, you can arrange it on the table and place candles around it to create a wonderful and different centerpiece for your table. You can use various sizes of candle stands as the base for the cones.
- Another idea, is to just mound all the painted cones in a beautiful basket and Voila you have a fantastic looking centerpiece.