I’ve noticed that whenever I purchase half a dozen bananas, I always end up with a few bananas getting over ripe. Today I had 3 brown bananas sitting on my table and I really didn’t want to throw them in the trash. So I figured, why not bake some banana muffins. As a kid I used to love gorging on banana muffins that my dad would get home. The muffins just came out perfect. It was by far the best banana muffins I’ve ever eaten. Moist, fluffy and delicious are just some adjectives that can best describe the muffins.
Here is the recipe. This recipe makes about 12 banana muffins.
3 brown bananas (over ripe)
1 ½ cups all purpose flour (maida)
½ cup sugar
½ cup melted butter (I used salted butter, you can also use unsalted butter but you will need to add a tsp of salt in the batter)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda bi-carb
- Mash the bananas with the help of a fork and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ◦ C and line the cup cake mould tin with paper baking cups. I bought some stylish looking silicon cups and used them instead of the paper cups. These silicon cups in different colors and shapes. The best part about these silicon cups is that they are reusable.
- Take the melted butter in a big bowl and add sugar to it. Mix well.
- Now add 2 eggs and beat it into the butter and sugar mix.
- Then sieve in the flour, baking powder and baking soda to this mixture and mix well.
- Now add the mashed bananas and mix till all the ingredients are blended together.
- Spoon in the batter to the muffin cups. Just make sure you just fill 3/4th of the cup to avoid the batter spilling over. Bake for 20 minutes. I baked them in batches of 6.