I always loved baking, but never had the time or never made the effort to bake. Today, surprisingly I had some time and I thought why not bake? I first thought of making apple pie..but I didn’t have apples…So now what? I had some lemons in the fridge that were picked from my mom’s garden..I was like let me try out baking some lemon cake :). The smell and taste of freshly baked cake is just out of this world and especially when you have it with a cup of steaming hot coffee while sitting by the window and watching the rain drizzle down. By the way, the cake came out perfect!!
Here is the recipe…
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar (I used granulated sugar)
1 tbsp of lemon zest
¼ cup lemon juice
100 gms butter (I used salted butter)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
- Firstly, prepare your baking tin, by greasing it with butter and sprinkling some flour on the tin. You can use baking paper as well.
- Now in a large bowl, break in the eggs and add the sugar. Beat it well till the sugar is properly mixed in with the eggs and it appears fluffy.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Now add the butter (get it to room temperature) to the mixture and beat it well.
- Now sift in together two cups of flour, baking powder and baking soda directly into the bowl of egg, sugar and butter mixture. Mix with the help of a spatula. It should be a smooth bather with no lumps.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix properly.
- Now immediately pour the batter in the baking tray and bake it at 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes.