Yesterday, I wanted to eat something sweet and there was nothing at home. So I thought, let me make something that is quick and yum and hence, I decided to prepare some Rava Ladoo. I know some of you have been eagerly waiting for this recipe, so here it goes.
1 cup Rava or Semolina
3/4 cup sugar (you can use 1 cup if you want it really sweet)
1/4 cup ghee
1/4 cup desiccated powder
1/2 tsp of elaichi (cardamom) powder
Handful of cashewnuts
- Roast the cashews in ghee till they are golden in color. Then keep it aside.
- Make sugar syrup with the specified amount of sugar and water. Don’t add too much water. Just enough for the sugar to dissolve in the water.
- Roast the desiccated coconut till it is light brown.
- Now take a skillet, add ghee and then rava. Keep stirring till the rava is well roasted and gives away a nice aroma.
- Now add the elaichi powder and mix. Switch off the gas at this moment.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts and mix. Now slowly add the sugar syrup. Just add enough so that you can make balls out of the mixture.
- Make balls and store in an air tight container.