With summers setting in, avishi seemed to love eating anything cold. So I was thinking what can I feed her that is cold and at the same time nutritious. So I made her some mango kheer and she loved it!!
1/2 cup rice
1/2 litre milk
1/2 cup mango puree
2 tbsp ghee
- Soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes and then drain it.
- Heat some ghee in a skillet and then add the rice into it and saute for a while.
- Add the milk into it and let it cook on low flame. Keep cooking till the rice is cooked and the milk thickens. Remember to keep stirring in between.
- Now add the sugar and mix well. Let it cool down.
- Once cool, add the mango puree and serve.
For adults, you can use mango cubes instead of puree.