With Avishi growing up, she wanted more variety in her food. So I thought to make her some tikkis and she loved them. You can really get creative with tikkis by making with them with all sorts of ingredients. They are delicious, filling and packed with all kinds of vegetables.
You can use this recipe for adults as well.
1/2 cup peas
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Pressure cook the vegetables (with its skin on). You can use any vegetables you want. Potato acts as the binding agent here.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and cooled, peel of the skin and mash the vegetables.
- Add garam masala, salt and turmeric and mix well. You can add some coriander leaves as well. For adults you can add chopped green chillis.
- Now make small balls in your hand and flatten them with your palms to form a tikki shape.
- Coat the tikki with some home made bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry in a sauce pan.
- You can also fill the tikki, with some cheese for a variation. Make a hollow space in the tikki and fill it with cheese and cover it up nicely. Then coat it with some bread crumbs and shallow fry.