Soya is a great source of vitamin B12 and protein. Especially for vegetarians this is a great dish and is the only source of this vitamin. You can also use this recipe for adults as well.
1/2 cup of soya chunks
1/4 cup peas
1 tbsp onion
1/2 tomato, finely chopped and de-seeded.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp haldi
1/4 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
- In a kadhai, heat some oil and add jeera till it splitters.
- Then add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the garlic and ginger paste and saute for 2 min.
- In the meanwhile, cook the soya chunks, either in the microwave or in boiling water.
- Now add the tomatoes to the onion, ginger and garlic mix. Saute till tomatoes are soft.
- Now add the peas and stir.
- Add haldi, salt, garam masala and coriander powder and mix well.
- Now add the soya chunks and stir well.
- Add some water and simmer till the peas and soya chunks are well cooked.
- Ready to serve.
Depending on the age of the baby and eating habits, you can serve as is, or blend it a granule texture or a paste. Serve with roti or rice. If roti, mash the roti with this curry and serve.