I was just cooking some biryani for us and I thought why not let Avishi have some too. But obviously, the biryani for her had no chilli and not much ghee. It turned out real yummy. So if you want to feed something new for your little one, why not try out this recipe.
1 cup boneless chicken
1 tbsp mint leaves
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp coriander powder
a pinch of turmeric
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp yoghurt
Some salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp of chopped onions
1 1/2 tbsp of tomato
- Make a mix with yoghurt, garam masala, salt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, mint leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric and coriander powder.
- Marinate the chicken in this mix and refrigerate for an hr or so.
- Take oil in a skillet, and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- Now add the marinated chicken and stir for a while, till the chicken is sealed.
- Add some water and cook till chicken is tender.
- Now blend the chicken to form a nice puree. Mix in some mashed rice and Voila, chicken biryani is ready for your child.
If your child is a little grown up you can serve without blending.