Soya is a great source of vitamin B12 and protein. Especially for vegetarians this is the only source of this vitamin. B12 is often found in meat and is important for the overall growth of your baby.
I tried to make it in a curry form and it was well accepted by Avishi to my surprise!
1/4 cup of soya chunks
1 small carrot (grated)
1 small potato chopped finely
1 tbsp onion
1/2 tomato, finely chopped and de-seeded.
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp grated ginger
1/4 tsp jeera
1/4 tsp haldi
1/4 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
- In a kadhai, heat some oil and add jeera till it splitters.
- Then add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the garlic and ginger and saute for 2 min.
- In the meanwhile, cook the soya chunks, either in the microwave or boiling it in water.
- Now add the tomatoes to the onion, ginger and garlic mix. Saute till tomatoes are soft.
- Now add the vegetables and stir.
- Add haldi, salt and some garam masala and mix well.
- Add some water and let the vegetables cook.
- Now add the soya chunks and let it simmer for a while.
- Ready to serve.
Depending on the age of the baby and eating habits, you can serve as is, or blend it a granule texture or a paste. Preferably serve babies who are 9 months old and above with this dish. You can serve with roti or rice. If roti, mash the roti with this curry and serve.
Hope your baby enjoys it 😀