Beetroot is packed with nutrients such as Vitamin C, Potassium, Anti-oxidants and folate. It is very good for building the immune system as well. Unfortunately, this is one vegetable that is neglected in the preparation of baby foods. This a good recipe for babies around 8-10 months. Yogurt is a great source of calcium and it is good for the summers. The color is so attractive as well for your little one. It has this rich and velvety texture as well. Just be prepared for some dirty bibs 😀
1 small beetroot
2 tbsp of yogurt
1 small cup of cooked rice
1 tbps onions, finely chopped
1/4 tsp grated ginger
Salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan, and temper some mustard seeds.
- Once it splits, add the onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the ginger and mix well.
- Now add the beets and some salt to taste.
- Once the beet is cooked, add in the rice and cook for a couple of minutes, till both the rice and beetroot blends well.
- Now let it cool, and then blend it with some yogurt.
If your child is able to chew then you do not need to blend it. You can serve as is.