Upma is a delicious and a nutritious meal for your little one. This recipe contains the goodness of carrots, tomatoes and suji(semolina). This is a good recipe for teaching your little one different food textures.
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 small tomato (chopped)
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 pinch of mustard seeds
1/2 tsp of grated ginger
1/2 cup suji
- In a pan, melt some butter. When the butter is hot, add some mustard seeds till they splutter.
- Then add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger and stir for a min.
- Then add the grated carrot and tomatoes and let it cook with the help of some water.
- Once it is cooked, keep it aside.
- In another pan, saute the suji in some butter and add water and let it simmer.
- Once it thickens, add the vegetable mix into the suji. Add more water to have a smooth consistency.