Palak Aloo is a great yummy dish for your baby. Palak or Spinach is an excellent source of Iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folate, magnesium, potassium, calcium and Vitamin B12. Iron and folate are very important for the development of the brain in babies. Iron also helps in building the immunity in the baby.
Potato provides the much required carbs for the baby and it also acts as the thickening agent in this soup/mash.
I found that this recipe helps relieve constipation in babies because spinach contains dietary fiber which is important for bowel movements.
1 tbsp chopped onions
1 cup palak
1 medium/small-sized potato
3/4 glass of water
Salt to taste
Oil (I prefer olive oil)
- Blanch the palak in salt water.
- Heat some oil in a pan and saute the onions till they are light brown.
- Add the potatoes and stir for a min.
- Add the palak and mix properly.
- Now add some salt and water. Simmer till potato is cooked.
- Blend this and serve luke warm to baby.
You can add some broccoli or cauliflower to this dish as well.